When hiring specialists to the place of a sales manager, regardless of the direction of the company, high demands are placed on this employee. Indeed, the volume of revenue directly depends on how efficiently he can organize his work and the work of his subordinates. Inability to negotiate with suppliers and customers, self-doubt or lack of knowledge of the laws of the market by the manager are the main reasons for the company’s poor sales.
For a job as a sales manager, it is important to offer a potential employer a well-written resume.
Requirements for a Typical Resume Structure
Despite the absence of legally approved resume design templates, the following sequence of information is used on the labor market:
- surname and name of the job seeker (many recruiters admit that patronymic is rarely used in modern companies);
- business style photo;
- contact details – telephone, email for communication. It is also optional to indicate the address of residence, this information is not important to the employer at the initial stage of selection of candidates;
- the specific position that the person is applying for. In this section, you can also specify the expected amount of remuneration for your work;
- listing of key competencies that will allow the specialist to perfectly cope with the tasks assigned to him. This includes knowledge and skills, professional achievements and a set of personal qualities that characterize a sales manager as an initiative and successful employee;
- level of education – educational institution and specialty, year of graduation;
- trainings and courses;
- work experience, starting from the last employer and so on, to earlier ones;
- Additional information: driver’s license, language skills, PC skills, etc.
Subtleties of resume design
In order for the resume to look normal and well understood by the reader, the font and indentation should be consistent throughout the document. An exception is the name of the sections that are allowed to be written in font, 2 points larger than the rest of the text.
Specialists-recruiters do not recommend inserting tables into the resume that, when opening a document in various programs and operating systems, can move out, deform and spoil the external impression of the form. A high-quality portfolio with sales schedules at previous workplaces or a developed revenue increase system can be issued with a short link to any of the cloud resources.
10 secrets to make your resume perfect:
- The photo should be taken on a light background, no wallpaper or nature in the background;
- You should not write several phones for feedback, so that the employer does not puzzle over where to call;
- When mentioning the e-mail address should be personal, and not belong to any company (for example, the one where the job seeker is working now);
- The combination of competencies and key experience is best done in a list, short sentences of 7-10 words;
- It is better to list responsibilities in your own words, without citing the provisions of the job descriptions;
- The total volume of the resume should not exceed 2 A4 pages.
If the applicant for the position of sales manager has worked in numerous companies, this worries employers. Norm, if in 1 place a person works from 2 to 3 years. When moving from one post to another within the same organizational structure, one employer must be indicated with a brief description of the job moves.
Sales Manager Functions
A food sales manager and a car sales specialist differ only in the application of their professional skills. Key responsibilities are the same:
- Attraction of new clients;
- market expansion;
- market monitoring, analysis of competitors;
- quality control of products;
- comprehensive support of partners on the use of goods;
- help the consumer to choose;
- execution of contracts, conclusion of transactions;
- conducting negotiations and advertising campaigns;
- pre-trial settlement of disputes;
- development of a marketing policy of a company;
- preparation for management of operational certificates of sales.
To fully implement these tasks, the sales manager must have a number of professional skills:
- Confidently own a computer and specialized software;
- know the psychology of the end consumer and the law of “supply-demand”;
- have experience organizing large-scale presentations and promotions;
- well versed in the products being sold (if it’s a car, the manager must understand the structure of the vehicles and know the performance characteristics of specific brands).
Character traits that will allow the employee to achieve better results in work:
- skill of persuasion;
- high degree of responsibility;
- stress resistance;
- focus on results, etc.