A correctly written resume increases the applicant’s chances of quickly finding an interesting and well-paid job, while mistakes in the resume can make it impossible for even an experienced professional to find a job. Let’s figure out what is needed and what does not need to be indicated in the resume, and also find out how best to present information about yourself.
Writing an Effective Resume
Specify the position you are striving to occupy. Never write that you are ready for any position in accounting even when your experience and level of professionalism allow you to work on any site. If any position in accounting is suitable for you, write several hotel resumes for each specialty.
The summary should indicate the specific size of the desired salary. At the same time, you should not indicate the amount of salary to the ruble, it will be more correct to round the amount to one thousand. Do not indicate in the resume a wide salary fork, in which the maximum amount exceeds the minimum by several times.
When compiling a list of skills, do not praise yourself and do not write inaccurate data about your professional qualities, since during an interview, fraud can surface. For example, never indicate that you are fluent in all accounting programs if in fact only some of them have mastered it.
Choose the perfect photo
Complete your resume with a fresh photograph that clearly shows your face. Choose a picture that looks neat and attractive. It is advisable that you wear business clothes.
Make the text correct
When writing a resume, try to avoid complex and long sentences. Try to communicate briefly and concisely. Having finished work on the resume, check the text for syntax and grammatical errors.
What should not be written in the resume
When writing a resume for an accountant position, you should not indicate:
- passport data and address of registration / residence – just indicate the mobile phone number and city of residence;
- links to your pages on social networks;
- information in a joking manner – a resume is a purely business document, which should not even contain a hint of humor.
When compiling a resume, you should not get carried away, reporting too much information about yourself. One or two pages of printed text for a resume is enough. Here is available with a sample resume, in which all necessary information is available.
Key information that indicates in the resume the position of accountant
The applicant for the position of accountant should be well-versed in the rules of accounting and have tax laws, as well as have professional knowledge and skills, including:
- tax accounting;
- preparation and submission of reporting documentation to tax authorities and funds;
- stock accounting;
- carrying out inventory checks;
- accounting of mutual settlements with contractors, suppliers and other counterparties;
- payroll preparation;
- processing and execution of primary documents;
- maintaining a cash book;
- drawing up cost estimates;
- conducting an economic analysis of the financial and economic activities of the enterprise;
- work in the “Client-Bank” system;
- work with computer programs designed for accounting (1C and others).
This list of professional skills is generalized, therefore, each accountant should indicate exactly those professional skills that he possesses.
Personal qualities of an accountant
These qualities include:
- resistance to stressful situations;
- working capacity;
- analytic mind;
- fast learner;
- ability to work with a large volume of documents;
- a responsibility;
What to write in the resume if there is no experience as an accountant
If you have just recently graduated from a university and you do not have work experience, be sure to indicate in the CV about other advantages:
- endurance and performance;
- desire to develop professional skills and achieve success in a professional environment;
- theoretical knowledge of modern accounting methods;
- knowledge of foreign languages;
- knowledge of computer programs.
If during your studies you participated in student conferences on economic topics or had practice in company accounting or in a bank, be sure to write about it in the resume.
When compiling a resume, university graduates should not praise themselves. At the same time, writing about the lack of experience and knowledge is also impossible.
Cover letter will increase interest in resume
To stand out from other job seekers as an accountant, write a cover letter that will attract the attention of a staff member in a resume. A well-written letter will be able to catch the selection manager much stronger than the resume itself.
The letter should write about why you want to take a vacancy and why the employer should hire you. Moreover, the text of the letter should not duplicate the information available in the summary. The cover letter is addressed to the employee who is responsible for addressing employment issues.